Monday, May 18, 2015

Employee Spotlight: Sarah Costello

1. How and when did you start working with Team EIPT?  
I started working at EIPT in September 2009.  I was newly graduated (and a new mom!). I knew Beth from years before and she let me know that EIPT was looking for a new PT. EIPT was a great fit!

2. Describe your typical day at Team EIPT.  
I usually see 14-16 patients a day, 3 days a week, with a variety of diagnoses and backgrounds. Currently, I have patients from age 4 to 92. I work out of the Durant Clinic with Amy and Chris. Occasionally, I perform screenings for the exercisers of Heinsite Fitness and the Durant community. My days consist of seeing patients for follow-up visits as well as new evaluations and discharges. I am just beginning to add patients to my caseload with women's health and pelvic floor related problems. I also have several PT/PTA students throughout the year that train under me and complete their clinical rotations.

3. What is your favorite part of working with Team EIPT?  
I like the family-type feel of EIPT and the flexibility it allows me to be with my family and work around my family's schedules.  We have a great group of people to work with! 
  4. In what ways do you strive to provide a great experience for Team EIPT clients/patients?  
To treat my patients effectively and stay on top of current evidence-based practices, I regularly attend continuing education and trainings. I know that a patient's time is very valuable and I strive to make each treatment with a patient effective and timely. My patients know that they will be respected, sincerely cared for, and well taken care of from the moment that they walk through our door.  

5. How do you spend your time away from Team EIPT?  
I have 3 children ages 5, 4, and 18 months so I spend as much time with them as I can and they keep me quite busy! My husband and I are currently finishing a complete remodel on our home as well.  I also enjoy cooking, baking, running, kayaking, gardening, crafting, reading and traveling.  


No comments:

Post a Comment